Sunday, October 24, 2010

love

Love is the most pacifying element in existence.
After a full three week stay in the college town where I live, away from my friends and family, coming home has been like walking out of a place totally bereft of color and life to a world where everything has warmth and meaning.
I have been living in a drought, but here I have found water again.
Why do I say love is the most pacifying element?  Up to Friday night, I had been ready to fight everything.  Nothing was good and everything had to be reformed, in my eyes.  I was anti everything, because nothing was as it should be.  As I found out, everything had been missing love.  I sometimes forget how much I need affection, how much I need someone to listen to my grievances, how much I need a kind word, how much I need to have fun, how much I need to sometimes let everything go, and how much I need somewhere where I fit in.  When I came back to love, I realized how hardened I had become, how cynical and critical I had been, and how little I thought of the world.  Now, love has softened me, again.  I no longer feel at odds with the world.  I feel like there is hope and that I am no longer fighting this enormous battle all by myself.  Love is the most important anything in the world.
So, thank you my friends and family.  Thank you for giving me a place in your hearts.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment