Monday, April 4, 2011

sleep...

I have a new way to help me get to sleep, and it's Great.
When I have the hardest time sleeping is when I can't get my thoughts off of things going on around me.  Dreams/sleeping must be a complete surrender, sinking completely into yourself, because sleep is hard when your brain is buzzing, but it's easy when your heart is cozy and bubbling its contentment through your body.  The brain seems to be outside, a processor, and the heart is a dream-machine.  So what I do is I have my phone, and I close my eyes, and I start to do a mini-meditation.  I simply try to turn off my brain and see what kind of words and images come from inside me rather than what is on the top of my brain.  This works because it's not just trying to turn off your brain, it's diverting your attention to that bubbly center cooing soft images of sleep.  For some reason, this relaxes me perfectly and I am more than ready for sleep within about 10 minutes of this.  I also sleep really well when I do this.
I wanted to share with you what came out of me when I did this last night.  I guess you could call it stream of consciousness?

Colour bricks pink releases
Pink trapeze mind at ease mind at ease
Clean gutter water ride
Torpedo shaft half halifax
Under wendel space is only a hammock
Rocking gently between cold places
A vacuum of ice
For if I am;
Folds of ham
Mystery boat oxygen is candid
And the blind weights behind
Sopping shadows move my feet
Search search



It might be nonsense, but I like the images it evokes, and I like trying to find patterns in the words/ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment