Sunday, April 3, 2011

a dream i had

Paralyzed and overtaken by strange fears

Parts of me emerge as cryptic dreams-
Falstaff take my hand and say,
You I will teach life

Wandering in a strange world,
I hold her in front of me
A tiny frame underwhelmed by growth

She can barely lift her head
And I want to see her face
I want to see my friend's face

My arms make the difference
Her liquid neck lack to meet my eyes
Eye to eye, is this the first time we've met?

Open your eyes, my friend.  Open your eyes to me.
I stroke her disease-burned cheek
Rough and stubbled, I don't care

This tiny life, how could half a creature
Share in this act of creation?
Who's child are you, little one?

May eternity take hold that this moment
May last forever.
All the depth of space converge here and bloom forever

Woken impregnated and criss-crossed of soft obsidian
Passing the gates of day
And pass another crisis

My neck is a dam, and I see my reflection
Until I touch my cheek
And I touch her cheek

Filter of seasons, let this law pass
That the triumvirate be not moved
And my heart alway remain fixed static

No comments:

Post a Comment