Monday, January 10, 2011

all i want are your bitter tears

This is one of my favorite essays I have ever read.  It is about motivation of, well, humans, and how motivation is generally used in teaching and how it actually should be used in teaching.  It's all very basic stuff but it scares me how many teachers actually neglect these most primal principles of the human psyche.  Right off the bat, you can tell that this guy is pretty different from your run-of-the-mill English boi.  He is smart.  He uses logic in teaching and understanding people.  I feel like this is stuff teachers should be using because it just makes sense, but they don't.  And I don't know why my font is so huge, but I like it!  I hope you do, too.

Onward!  Read the essay, please please please!  Pleeeeaaaase read the essay!

Love, Zach
 http://www.alfiekohn.org/teaching/nonreaders.htm <- this is the essay.  Also, he swears once.  And that's cool because he is sticking it to the man, kind of, because this was published in a pretty well-circulating, proper English journal.


ps.  as a comment on this post, soon, I will add an essay that I wrote about this essay.  Essays all over the place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment