Monday, January 31, 2011

i wrote a sentence in my essay already!

I hate writing essays for English because I can't ever get enough information to hold a big enough picture to write a good essay.  There are just too many parts to the picture that can't be accounted for by a single person- then I get picked apart by ravenous teachers.  And I just don't write these essays very well because I don't care about them.  I have been sitting here for three hours now, trying to write, and I have done one sentence.  This may be the hardest essay I have ever written, and it probably shouldn't be.  I am just paralyzed by fear, I guess.  I am paralyzed by not knowing enough and knowing that I won't have enough information about King Arthur, even if I spend my whole life researching him, to have a valid and legitimate opinion for the paper I am about to write.  Ugh.  Opinions are the worst.  No one should have any.

2 comments:

  1. I know that EXACT feeling.
    ugh. I don't like thinking about it.

    Sometimes you just have to make yourself start, even if you know that what you are writing is crap. Then, once you've gotten crap onto the page, you can go through it and make it not crap. Then you can make the not crap, something pretty, then make the pretty something into gold.

    Also, Outlines help me a TON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I love your advice. I should invest more time into these things so they transform from crap to not crap. I just hate them so bad... haha

    ReplyDelete