Friday, January 21, 2011

i've told you before

Night delicately dances along the thin edge of the spindle
The glimmer, is it a twinkle in her eye?
Fragile stars crumble and shatter in her hands-
Little trails of light scatter in a deluge
Look how far she moved the moon from the mountain!
As for the worlds there are none as big as I
The blood in my lungs emerge oil on canvas
They are punctured on the spindle, punctured on the spindle
I dangle like crimson string wanting a breeze
And it feels like every piece of me is gloaming. "ah. ahh ahh. ah."
And I taste the air- lemons...

Abstract visions of you, crying,
"Every farmer is a champion of life!"
I can still hear you.
And the evangelical stripes rust
But they weren't metal
And towers are razed
But they weren't tall
Flowers trampled
Stacks toppled
Trains drowned
Art exposed
Visions condemned
Tigers burned
Seals broken-
Everything resolved into ash

Say my name...just say my name, night!
    I, I, I I I...
         am still here...
Tangible words force their way through cavities
They exclaim,
"Heir, Love is not twice and Love is not continuity!
We've seen the muscles that twitch to make your heart
Bend
And each strand that has been broken will mend.
But now, let each fiber ache
As each is anchored by pain
Let them all fill your soul with
The sweet taste of life
and Sound.
For this is living.  This is life.
Then this is winning.
This is giving up the knife."

With that, I saw you.  You.  You.
You were my stomach wrapped around a stake
You were the pulsing of the pain
You were chosen outside the course of any vein
I dig deep but I can't see outside the red
And the wind picks up the branches and leaves
With the apples and the crisp smell of snow
Everything starts to shake as the air rends
Splits and rebounds, waves resound
Life and creation fall into themselves
Shaking an elixir of time
Which I drink again
But

Night,
You are a theme
You are a force
And you, you, you you
Are Not Immortal.
I've seen that rapid sparkle before...

No comments:

Post a Comment